As with all your investments through Fidelity, you must make your own determination whether an investment is appropriate for you. Fidelity is not recommending or endorsing this security by making it available to customers. You should conduct research and perform a thorough investigation as to the characteristics of any https://dotbig.com/markets/stocks/PYPL/ securities you intend to purchase. In the tech bust we have seen in the last few months, with many tech companies which boomed during the pandemic losing steam, one less-appreciated factor in the share price declines is the role of stock… Select analysts believe these well-known, high-growth stocks could soar.
They issued an “overweight” rating and a $152.00 price objective for the company. Cowen cut their target price on shares of PayPal from $221.00 to $147.00 and set an “outperform” rating for the company in a research note on Wednesday, February 2nd. Finally, BTIG Research lowered shares of PayPal from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating in a research note on Wednesday, February 2nd. One investment analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating, fourteen have issued a hold rating and twenty-eight have issued a buy rating to the company.
In the Credit Services industry which is number 77 by this metric, PYPL ranks better than 9% of stocks. PayPal Paypal stock price today has a market capitalization of $110.56 billion and generates $25.37 billion in revenue each year.
Your Ultimate Investing Toolkit
PYPL solves the first-world problem of saving credit card information to the PayPal account, so consumers get a seamless checkout experience across any merchant in the PayPal network. While 2022 is expected to be a muted year for growth, PYPL is expected to rapidly grow earnings over the next decade. The most important long-term growth driver is that of Venmo, which PYPL has only begun to monetize.
- Thus, a positive or negative Earnings ESP reading theoretically indicates the likely deviation of the actual earnings from the consensus estimate.
- The company finished 2021 with $25.4 billion in sales and adjusted earnings per share of $4.60, translating to 18% and 19% growth year over year, respectively.
- Meanwhile, Tipranks has PayPal stock as only a moderate buy, with just 29 of 40 analysts telling clients to buy it.
- It provides payment solutions under the PayPal, PayPal Credit, Braintree, Venmo, Xoom, Zettle, Hyperwallet, Honey, and Paidy names.
- The credit services provider earns $4.17 billion in net income each year or $3.52 on an earnings per share basis.
That means you want to buy stocks with a Zacks Rank #1 or #2, Strong Buy or Buy, which also has a Score of an A or a B in Forex your personal trading style. The Style Scores are a complementary set of indicators to use alongside the Zacks Rank.